Hooray! Let’s turn the page on stress and get rid of it forever! Sorry, I wish it were that easy, but living a completely stress-free life 24/7 isn’t exactly realistic. However, I can offer you an exciting 7-day challenge to significantly decrease the impact stress can have on your life!
Here’s the challenge! Pick one of the recommended tips below and master it on day one. Pick a second tip and master it on day two. By the end of seven days, you will have experienced ways of minimizing your stress. So, let’s have some fun! Here are the tips:
- Be a realist. Don’t make a list of fifty things to accomplish in one day when you know you’ll be lucky to achieve three. By all means, make lists, set goals, but prioritize and list the top 3 things you want to complete that day and begin with number one, focusing only on number one! If you complete all 3 items, then BONUS ROUND! Pick a couple more items on your list and GO FOR IT!
- You can’t do it all, and you shouldn’t. If you’re feeling overwhelmed enlist some help. I know, it’s easier said than done, but you might be surprised how willing others are when they feel needed.
- Free your mind. Reduce negative thoughts, negative situations and negative people. Surround yourself with people and situations that make you smile. When you feel negative thoughts entering your mind, just say no! In order to be positive we need to think positive.
- Throw your worries away! Don’t let the fear of what others think hold you back. This is your life, not theirs. Worrying holds no value. It’s a time waster. If something is bothering you change it. Again, it’s about you!
- Heal your spirit. Give, share, smile, read a book, take a walk in nature, call an old friend (that doesn’t mean text). Set goals and live for today, and for tomorrow. Don’t dwell in the past it’s gone. Move on.
- Let go of negativity. Harboring anger and negative thoughts will only bring you down, and everyone else around you. No one wants to hear constant complaining, do you? Once again, if you don’t like something change it. Think positively.
- Heal your body. Do a little exercise weekly, drink a little more water, practice deep breathing, get a little more sleep and try to eat a couple more healthy meals each week. Your body is your temple. Take care of it and it will take care of you.
The challenge is pretty easy and the tips are simple enough, so GO FOR IT! Each day as you work toward mastering one of the recommended tips you will be closer to living stress-free!
If you have found some of these tips to be helpful, or some to be challenging, please share your experiences with us in the comments below. This is a journey for all of us and we can learn so much more by sharing with each other. Additionally, if you have other suggestions to live stress-free please feel free to share as well. Your thoughts could help someone change their life for a better tomorrow.
Please let me know if you found this article useful. You are welcome to add your comments below.
Thank you – Michelle